D25 – The leader of the Quebec Liberal Party, Philippe Couillard, wants to better support retail businesses and the 500,000 employees who work in this key sector and who are facing fundamental and rapid changes, to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
In a second mandate, retailers will have more support to make the shift to digital technology, they will have less paperwork to fill out and will be able to count on more tax equity while Internet giants confront them with fierce competition.
Support our retailers’ shift to digital technology:
- Enhance the Programme de soutien au virage numérique des détaillantsby $4.5M
- Dedicate a specific portion of the digital tour to retail trade in order to create awareness, accompany and guide retailers in their shift to digital technology;
Reduce the administrative burden for businesses
- Decrease the production of administrative formalities for businesses: some administrative formalities whose transmission is required on an annual basis could be required on a pluri-annual basis instead.
Complete our process to restore tax equity in the retail sector.
- Collect the Quebec sales takes on all tangible assets from abroad and require that the federal government complete the modernization of the necessary infrastructures;
- Oblige foreign suppliers to enroll in Revenu Quebec’s new registration system and to pay the taxes collected on sales.
The commitments made today will help our retailers seize new business opportunities and maintain their competitiveness. They will also strengthen their position regarding the workforce shortages to which we must respond immediately by continuing to take action on four fronts: education, participation, automation and immigration.