On 25 April 2016, the Minister of Health and Social Services, Gaétan Barrette, launched a program which will allow for the creation of super-clinics, another election promise held by the Liberal government.
A fundamental objective:
- Facilitate access to front-line services.
What to remember:
- 50 super-clinics throughout Quebec by the end of 2018;
- Open 7 days a week, at least 12 hours per day;
- Ensure an integrated network of medical services in proximity, for easier access to tests, medical imaging and consultations with specialists;
- Liaise effectively with specialized services.
What the Minister said:
The super-clinic model of care will be an incredible force for positive change, reducing wait times in emergency rooms and ensuring quicker access to front-line care and specialized services. In addition, this model of care will be particularly useful to individuals who do not have a family doctor.
– Gaétan Barrette
Click here to see the super-clinics locations (GMF-Réseau)
Click here to read the press release.