Economic development in the Mauricie region
TROIS-RIVIÈRES, QC, July 12, 2018 – The governments of Quebec and Canada have each granted $1 092 275 and $211 759 respectively to Jenik Manufacturier, a company specialized in the production of mounted platform trucks, to support the company’s start-up. The project generated investments totalling $2 461 700 and created ten jobs in the Mauricie region.
The MNA for Maskinongé and Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier for the Regions, Mr. Marc H. Plante, on behalf of the Minister for Small and Medium Enterprises, Regulatory Streamlining and Regional Economic Development, Mr. Stephane Billette, and the MP for LaSalle-Émard-Verdun and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, Mr. David Lametti, made the announcement today.
The project is divided into four sections:
- The construction of a building and the acquisition of equipment necessary to make, modify and maintain mounted platform trucks;
- The development of personalized product models and the design of mass product manufacturing;
- The commercialization of products on the Canadian and American markets;
- The acquisition of a patent.
The government assistance is divided as follows: The Ministry of the Economy, Science and Innovation has granted a $390 000 loan and a non-refundable financial contribution of $197 275 from the Fonds de diversification économique du Centre-du-Québec et de la Mauricie. For its part, Investissement Québec granted a loan of $505 000 from its own funds. Finally, Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED) made a repayable contribution of $211 759, which allowed the company to acquire equipment and covered the expenses related to commercialization and acquiring patents.
Thanks to our support, Jenik Manufacturier can offer its clients design and layout services that are adapted to their needs, as well as promote its products in North America. Our region’s know-how is reaching out well beyond our borders, and that makes us very proud.
– Marc H. Plante, MNA for Maskinongé and Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier for the Regions.
Canadian and Quebec entrepreneurs are the pillars of our economy. In order for businesses to develop and grow, they need to be able to count on the best equipment and have access to international markets. From that standpoint, I am pleased about the funding that the government of Canada has given to Jenik Manufacturier.
– David Lametti, Parliamentary Secretary to the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for CED for the Regions of Quebec.
The Mauricie region has so many entrepreneurs just like Jenik Manufacturier that are motivated and determined to start their business. The management’s expertise and knowledge are essential assets for the company and allows it to adequately respond to North American demand.
– Julie Boulet, MNA for Laviolette, Minister of Tourism and Minister responsible for the Mauricie Region.
Our government ensures that companies across all of Quebec’s regions have the tools and leverage they need to complete their projects, at every stage of their growth, so that they can face increasing competition and thrive.
– Stéphane Billette, Minister for Small and Medium Enterprises, Regulatory Streamlining and Regional Economic Development.
As minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, my goal is to help businesses grow and innovate so that they can increase their competitiveness and create good quality jobs. That’s why we are supporting Jenik Manufacturier, a creative, dynamic company that contributes to the economic vitality of this region and the Canadian economy as a whole.
– The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for CED for the Regions of Quebec
It’s important for our government to support businesses. That’s why I am so happy to announce this project, which has allowed Jenik Manufacturier to develop, prosper and become an important stakeholder in the local economy.
– The honourable François-Philippe Champagne, MP for Saint-Maurice– Champlain and Minister of International Trade
By designing machinery that is more efficient and adapted to our climate, Jenik Manufacturier stands out and responds better to its North-American clientele’s specific needs. This funding has allowed us to support the creation of an innovative manufacturing SME which, in addition to contributing to the economic development in Mauricie, has the potential of being a leader in its industry.
– Pierre Gabriel Côté, President-Director General, Investissement Québec
- Jenik Manufacturier is a new innovative SME that specializes in the design, manufacturing and commercialization of mounted platform inspection trucks, nacelles, baskets and other accessories for mounted platform trucks. Private businesses, engineering firms, municipalities, Hydro-Québec and other ministries use this type of truck to inspect structures such as bridges or viaducts.
- The Fonds de diversification économique du Centre-du-Québec et de la Mauricie includes support for the creation, start-up and the growth of innovative and successful businesses, as well as support for development projects for new projects or methods.
- CED is one of six regional development organizations under the responsibility of the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, the Honourable Navdeep Bains.
- 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of federal regional economic development in Quebec: half a century of concrete action dedicated to developing our regions and local businesses.
- To learn more about CED and its priorities, visit the 2018-2019 ministerial plan or visit www.dec-ced.gc.ca.