Placement Réussite program
QUÉBEC CITY, April 17, 2018 – With the goal of providing additional support, $4 million has been allocated to 44 charities across the province that work in student retention and academic success.
Sébastien Proulx, Minister of Education, Recreation and Sports and Minister responsible for the Capitale-Nationale region, made the announcement today.
This financial assistance comes from the first phase of the Placement Réussite program’s call for projects. By matching private sector donations, the program allows Québec registered charities working in student retention and academic success to access even more financial resources, increase their independence and better serve their clientele. The total investment in the program amounts to $8 million and covers the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 fiscal years.
The financial assistance allocated as part of the program matches donations collected from individuals, companies and private foundations during the registered charity’s fundraising activities. This program is part of the Plan for Success in Education and Higher Education.
I am very happy to see that several registered charities have responded to the call for projects and have joined the Placement Réussite program. This financial assistance will bring them independence and security, which will empower them to pursue their essential mission in student retention and academic success. Through their work, these charities provide opportunities to more young people and adults and help them achieve success so that they in turn can become the vectors of change in Québec.
– Sébastien Proulx, Minister of Education, Recreation and Sports and Minister responsible for the Capitale-Nationale region
The Foundation of Greater Montréal is proud to join forces with the Québec government to encourage businesses and people to contribute, through their support, to the activities of organizations working in education and academic success. By establishing a philanthropic fund, these organizations are building a resource that will help them expand their development.
– Yvan Gauthier, President and CEO of the Foundation of Greater Montréal
The Fondation Québec Philanthrope is very proud to act as a partner in the presentation of this new program that will help support charities working in the education sector. Through this commitment it can realize its important mission, in the education sector, of promoting philanthropy for the well-being of communities.
– Karen Bouchard, CEO of the Fondation Québec Philanthrope
- The Foundation of Greater Montréal and the Fondation Québec Philanthrope are joining forces with Placement Réussite to support organizations in their fundraising plans and in their requests for matched financial assistance.
- Charities can apply for admission at any time.
- The call for projects’ second phase will take place from November 1 to 20, 2018. Requests for financial assistance can be submitted by charitable organizations at this time.
- Placement Réussite program: http://www.education.gouv.qc.ca/organismes-communautaires/organismes-communautaires/programme-placement-reussite/
- Foundation of Greater Montréal: https://www.fgmtl.org/
- Fondation Québec Philanthrope: http://www.quebecphilanthrope.org/