Inauguration de la Super-clinique Angus dans Rosemont, la 25e au Québec en près d’un an. 📈Notre plan fonctionne.
⬇️Diminuer l'achalandage dans les urgences et ⬆️augmenter l'accès aux soins de première ligne : c'est ce que nous faisons pic.twitter.com/XD93pTsgGE
— Dr Gaétan Barrette (@drgbarrette) February 12, 2018
Montréal, February 12, 2018 – As part of efforts to reinforce and improve accessibility to frontline services, Gaétan Barrette, Minister of Health and Social Services, inaugurated the Angus super-clinic today. It will be the eighth super-clinic announced in the Montréal region and the twenty-fifth in Quebec.
This super-clinic will be accessible to clients 84 hours a week—or, 12 hours a day, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.—including weekends. Testing services will be available on-site and provided by the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux de l’Est-de-l’Île-de-Montréal. Medical imaging services will also be offered in the same building as the super-clinic.
Opening super-clinics is a sign of our desire to improve accessibility all over Quebec. I applaud the mobilization of GMF Clinique Médicale Angus’s super-clinic team and their decision to use this innovative service method, which is better adapted to users’ actual needs and is tangibly improving access to frontline services.
– Gaétan Barrette, Minister of Health and Social Services
Since the announcement of the first super-clinic a little over a year ago, 25 super-clinics have been set up in Quebec to meet the population’s needs.
A super-clinic must meet the following further standard criteria to be designated as a super-clinic:
- Offer a minimum of 20,000 consultations per year to patients who do not have a doctor at this family medicine group
- Give patients access to a medical consultation the same day as their visit or the next day when they call three hours before closing time
- Offer testing and medical imaging services nearby
- Use a certified electronic medical record
- Be ready to meet the population’s needs in case of an increase in demand, for example, during flu season
It also commits to use the online Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler when it is set up in the region.
For more information about the super-clinic: msss.gouv.qc.ca/presse (French only)