Download the financial framework
The leader of the Quebec Liberal Party, Philippe Couillard, presents a solid, balanced and complete financial framework, which guarantees the funding for all the electoral campaign commitments, while maintaining a prudent and rigorous management of public finances.
In a second mandate, a Liberal government will:
- Maintain a balanced budget as well as the prudent and rigorous management of public finances:
- To face economic uncertainty and maintain a strong economy;
- In the interest of equity for future generations.
- Continue to improve public services:
- Thanks to funding that is enhanced, stable and predictable;
- Through additional priority investments for patients and students.
- Allow all families to benefit from a strong economy and well-managed public finances:
- Through concrete measures to make life easier for families on a daily basis;
- With improved financial security for all.
- Maintaining a balanced budget throughout the duration of the financial framework.
- Economic growth hypotheses inferior to private sector forecasts for the next 4 years.
- Commitments whose budgetary impacts will in time total additional investments of 2.4 billion dollars:
- 2 billion to improve services and ensure funding that is stable and
- 2 billion to provide Quebecers with more breathing room and make their daily lives easier.
- Commitments which are completely financed through leeway in the financial framework’s margins, which was made possible thanks to a solid economic performance, as confirmed by the Auditor General.
- Expenditures growth that is compatible with that of revenues throughout the entire duration of the financial framework, to guarantee responsible long-term management.
- A financial framework that includes the provisions and budgetary margins required to face economic risks ($8 billion).
- A fiscal policy that maintains deposits into the Generations Fund, and meets the debt reduction objectives (results achieved four years earlier than anticipated).