The Quebec Liberal Party (QLP) team is very proud to announce that the official launch of the leadership race will take place during the autumn General Council that will be held in Sherbrooke on November 23.
- The Leadership race, whose maximum length will be 7 months, will begin at the QLP’s General Council on November 23 and 24 2019 in Sherbrooke and will end at the Leadership Convention in the Spring of 2020 in Eastern Quebec;
- The vote will be held by universal suffrage according to a points system (see Article R-15.1 of the Bylaws);
- All members in good standing will have the right to vote;
- Votes will be weighted according to riding and age group (see Articles R-16 and R-17 of the Bylaws);
- The candidate that is elected leader will have earned 50% plus one of the total points obtained in all ridings, taking into account that 33 ¹/³ % of each riding’s votes must be given to members aged 25 and less.
Information about the Rules for the Leadership Race is available online on the QLP website under the official documents tab.