Québec City, July 3, 2018 – André Fortin, Minister of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transport Electrification, Véronyque Tremblay, Minister for Transport, and Nathalie Tremblay, President and CEO of the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ), are pleased to announce that custom licence plates will be available as of July 27, 2018.
Quebecers can now customize the licence plates of their passenger vehicles, motorcycles, scooters, motor homes, snowmobiles and even their ATVs to reflect their passions, hobbies and personalities.
– André Fortin, Minister of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transport Electrification
Many Quebecers have been requesting custom plates for several years. We have been listening and we have responded positively to this request.
– Véronyque Tremblay, Minister for Transport
The SAAQ is proud to offer this new product to its clientele. Custom plates will be available online and sent directly to customers’ homes.
– Nathalie Tremblay, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec
Details on custom licence plates:
Who can order a custom licence plate?
- Those who own or lease a vehicle registered in Québec.
- Individuals who hold a driver’s licence.
Where can I obtain a custom licence plate?
- This service will be available only on the SAAQ’s website, saaq.gouv.qc.ca/plaque, as of July 27.
- The customer must own or lease (for more than one year) a vehicle.
- The vehicle status must be “licensed” or “stored” in the SAAQ’s records.
- Passenger vehicle
- Motor home (3,000 kg or less)
- All-terrain vehicle
Cost of a custom licence plate:
- Initial cost: $250, including taxes
- Annual renewal fee: $34.50, including taxes